It’s Friday! As much as I like making photographs I also love searching and sharing awesome photography. Every week I share some of the things that caught my attention and inspire me.
I haven’t posted anything since my post last Friday since it’s the Holidays and I was enjoying my vacation. I hope you did too! The end of the year means a bunch of retrospectives and 2011 was a busy year for photojournalists across the globe with Japan’s earthquake and tsunami, the Arab Spring, the riots in London and Greece, a Royal wedding, the Occupy movement, the deaths of Canada’s Jack Layton, Osama bin Laden, Khadafi, Apple’s CEO Steve Jobs and Kim Jong Il, the massacre in Norway, the 10th anniversary of World Trade Center’s attack, the famine in the Horn of Africa… ouf busy busy year! Here’s a look back at 2011 in photography:
- Los Angeles Times’ Framework: The Year in Pictures | 2011
- Flickr’s Year in Photos
- The Boston Globe’s Big Picture: The year in Pictures Part I, Part II and Part III
- The New York Times 2011: The Year in Pictures
- PDN’s The Year In Photo News
- TIME’s In Memory of Photographers We Lost in 2011
- TIME’s Best of 2011: The Photobooks We Loved
- Best of Sleeveface 2011
That’s it for this year. Happy New Year to all!